Tuesday, November 3, 2009

One and Half Times . . . Weight Loss Journey

I did not realize how much weight I had lost until I was getting ready for my Standardize Patient Assessment a week ago. I put on my belt and it looped around me one and half times. I immediately broke down into tears.

Currently, I am 254lbs, which is 4lbs away from my goal which I set for myself in 2008. As I have told you, I struggled last fall and I gained about 25lbs back. Anyway, the last time I was 254lbs was in 7th grade; thus, making this number a very emotional number for me as of late. I feel like the more I lose the more emotional it is going to get. I mean sometimes an inspirational song will come on and I will break down into tears while working out. (LOL)

New goal: 220-30 lbs.

I love watching the Biggest Loser and so their way of weighing inspired me to calculate my percentage of weight loss:

Since January 2009:

Starting weight: 302
Amount Lost: 48
Percent Lost: 15.89%

Since January 2008 (Grand Total)

Starting weight: 328
Amount Lost: 74
Percent Lost: 22.56%

Starting waist size: 42
Current waist size: 36

Recently, I have realized that I am never going to naturally be a small person. I have to go to the gym and workout. I have to watch the things I eat on a regular basis. I do have days in which I allow myself to indulge, but as for indulging everyday . . . that is not going to work. I would rather change my lifestyle and have more self-confidence and enjoy the way I look; as compared to not changing my lifestyle and complaining about how big I am.

Do not give up on what you want to do. Make sure you set a “big picture” goal weight you would like to achieve by a realistic date. Do not tell yourself you want to lose 30lbs in one month; although, I have done that for wrestling in the past, but that is not healthy. It is better to tell yourself you would like to lose 30lbs over 3 to 5 months, which will give you time to set up a plan of action on how you are going to achieve your goal.
I am still deciding what topic to write about next time, but I wanted to write this note and let you know you can do it. Consistency is the key!!!

No comments: