Monday, March 3, 2008

Dominican Republic 2

February 17, 2008

Thank you Wake Forest for teaching me enough Spanish to talk my way out of a sale and how to explain when I am leaving so the plumber can come fix the shower head I broke. Oh, yeah I did not tell you about that one? I broke the shower head last night before I went to sleep. I barely laid my paw on the thing and it came out of the wall, not all the way but enough to lower the water pressure. However, I am not that strong. I mean I am strong, but please I barely rested my hand on the shower head and it wants to freak out and come out of the wall. I think it was a set up or maybe I have a new power of magnetism. Anyway, that happened early this morning once we arrived to hotel.







Today, I get up and the view from the hotel amazed me. This hotel sits right on the beach and they cook us breakfast outside. It was kind of hard to see that we were right next to the beach at 2:00am in the morning. I ate this really good omelet without cheese of course, I have to watch my figure, and some pineapple on the side. Afterwards, I just lounged around a little longer, taking picture of the hotel and some of my group members. Speaking of taking pictures, I took pictures of kids on the beach. At first I felt a little uncomfortable taking pictures of the kids because one of the boys was nude. Not only did I feel uncomfortable, but I was laughing my butt off. But then I started thinking about that little boy running around nude and realized that he was happy and content as can be. He was doing cartwheels and flips into the ocean just having a gay ole time (he he he gay ole time). Maybe we all should learn how to take our clothes off and learn how to be happy and content as we can be. However, before I start lifting this boy up like a hero, he did ask for 10 pesos after I took like 7 pictures of him and his friends (who were clothed). I got suckered and I gave them 20 pesos. What is that 89.80989098 cents? I think it is okay. Afterward, I drunk my first beer without being extremely, ugh, you know. Anyway, the beer is actually a brand I can drink. Some of us weak people think that beer taste like piss, but this one has less of a piss taste if you know what I mean. It is called El Presidente Light, it was not half bad.







After lounging around we had lunch and that was very interesting. I had two drumsticks that had a unique seasoning, a piece of fish, and some white rice. I refused to eat anything that I could not identify, and trust me there are a lot of things I still cannot identify . . . I don't want to come back with the dysentery. After lunch we finally started to work. One group with to the O.R. and the other group handled separating the medication. Guess which group I was apart of? Yep, you guessed it the group handling the medication. It was fun, my partner and I had to sort about 3000 tablets of Tylenol into little Ziploc bags. By Friday, this still was not enough Tylenol to give to all the people who needed it.





No comments: